Friday, June 3, 2016

End-of-the-year Evaluation

The end of the year is a time of reflection and planning for the following year. While it is important to self-reflect and assess throughout the year, the end of the year brings a different type of evaluation. I have seen many versions of course evaluations, have tweaked my own over the years and have found this one to be most effective in getting the feedback I am looking for.

Often throughout the year and the end-of-the-year evaluations give me great feedback that I use to incorporate in the future. Student input and using that feedback empowers students, giving them a voice in their learning. This feedback has also developed who I am as a teacher and made me better at what I do in the classroom.

What do you include on your evaluation? Is there a district-directed form that is used? How have you tweaked it over the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment